(Topic created: 03-11-2024 10:42 AM)
aubree
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just got a Samsung Galaxy A15...to replace our

A10e..Love it!

One thing I hope to get sorted out--

Is there a way to not have my contacts show up as a list in the Texting area of the phone?

Dont need or want them there lol.

Help please if you can, thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It looks like it's part of the phone's navigation bar, so if you have the navigation bar hidden, you might not see it.  pull up on the bottom of the screen to show the nav bar and then see if you have the two headers there.  Or switch to Google Messages.  It's better anyway, and doesn't have that nonsense.

WIN_20240313_15_30_32_Pro.jpg

sorry for the grainy pic, but I had to take the photograph of my phone screen with my webcam, as the screenshot feature does not allow for photographing the nav bar part of the screen.

View solution in context

6 Replies
aubree
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Guess no one can help. Will contact samsung.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I guess you are using Samsung Messages for your text app.  Down on the bottom of the text window, is a toggle for messages and contacts.  Just toggle to the messages and your contacts will not show unless you want them to.

aubree
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you! I dont see a toggle ☹️ but I really appreciate your reply!

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It looks like it's part of the phone's navigation bar, so if you have the navigation bar hidden, you might not see it.  pull up on the bottom of the screen to show the nav bar and then see if you have the two headers there.  Or switch to Google Messages.  It's better anyway, and doesn't have that nonsense.

WIN_20240313_15_30_32_Pro.jpg

sorry for the grainy pic, but I had to take the photograph of my phone screen with my webcam, as the screenshot feature does not allow for photographing the nav bar part of the screen.

aubree
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you so much! I think I can figure it out now and I do appreciate

you taking the time to reply and send the information!!

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You are welcome. Please mark my response as the solution.
0 Likes