JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change region of phone

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 11:07 AM)
yazie1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello,  I bought a phone that is Indian locked , it is samsung galaxy m32 5g , I did use an Indian sim and unlocked the regional lock  now i'm using it in egypt , right now I use an egyptian sim card and my signed in samsung account has egypt as a region ,but I'm noticing instances where the phone acts as if I'm in india , for example in Samsung free the news categories have India as a category and most news focus on India as a subject for the news even if the topic is entertainment or sports or etc .. and in the language settings only indian languags are there as options plus english but other languages aren't displayed as options, another example is samsung wallet , I wanted to enter my cards but all of the options are Indian banks (I assume) so I can't bind my cards.  Such events get repeated in samsung related features , even simple stuff like story topics in lock screen settings are mainly Indian related topics. 

I wonder if there's a way to change the region to egypt? Like is there a way to make my phone more personal or is these stuff unchangeable? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Awesome! Because this is the U.S. Samsung Community, we offer extremely limited knowledge of international models here. If you reach out to your local Community, I'm sure they will be able to help you much faster, and with more reliable information, than what we can provide here in the United States. I wish you the very best!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Egypt/ct-p/eg?page=1&tab=recent_topics

View solution in context

9 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hey there! 😃 Are you currently located in Egypt?
yazie1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes , I am currently in egypt 

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Awesome! Because this is the U.S. Samsung Community, we offer extremely limited knowledge of international models here. If you reach out to your local Community, I'm sure they will be able to help you much faster, and with more reliable information, than what we can provide here in the United States. I wish you the very best!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Egypt/ct-p/eg?page=1&tab=recent_topics
yazie1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh I didn't know that each country had their own community forum, thanks for notifying me 

VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No worries! Yes most countries have their own local Samsung Communities! 🥳 If you felt like I guided you toward getting the right info about this, kindly mark this post as solved (three dots) by my post regarding accessing the Egyptian Samsung Community. This way, other individuals with similar issues will know to reach out to their respective Community to obtain their resolutions!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Go to your settings type in region you can set this for your call settings and your profile information this will certainly help I'm not sure if it will unlock it for another region if it's not a fully unlocked phone however so you might not be able to use Samsung pay in all territories the reason why you see them in the territories the phone is from is because it's supported but try switching these settings hopefully it will helpScreenshot_20230816_111633_Settings Suggestions.jpg
yazie1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, when I type region , these options show up , from which my samsung account already has egypt as a region unfortunately , time management is chosen based on gmt and samsung free only gives Indian languages as options so I can only choose English,  call setting don't show up . 

Screenshot_20230816_230729_Settings Suggestions.jpg

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Click on each one and set it like my Samsung account and see if it helps phone should be there somewhere
yazie1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I will try , thanks 

0 Likes