Original topic:

How to get rid of Pressure marks on my screen

(Topic created: 12 hours ago)
Fidelis99
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Please guys I need your help i unknowingly slept on my phone and its now having a pressure mark on the screen Please what  can I do to make the pressure marks fade away or could it be permanent I just bought the phone some weeks ago so I'm very anxios 😟 

0 Likes
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

because the screen protector is OVER the screen, the "pressure" mark is from the back of the screen pressing against the works.  If you slept on it and there was pressure on the screen, the screen could also have been on all that time, and what you have is not a pressure mark, but burn in.  I would not mention to Samsung CS or the point of purchase that you slept on it, as that would not be warranty issue.  If the phone is only a few weeks old, return it to where you bought it and tell them it developed the mark.  Can you provide a screen shot?  If you are able to return it, don't forget remove it from your Samsung & Google accounts and factory reset it before you hand it over.

It is also possible the mark is on your screen protector, have you tried removing that and seeing what's doing?

0 Likes
Fidelis99
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I haven't removed the screen protector yet. And it's been more than 2 weeks I bought it and it's not returnable after 7 days of being purchased so I'm confused right now I don't really know what to do, cause it's a new phone I wouldn’t like to change anything on it

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Call samsung and tell them there's a mark on your screen. Do not mention you slept on it althogh (unless you are very heavy), the phone shoukd be able to withstand some pressure under normal use. People forget the phone is in their pocket all the time and sit on it.. They will direct you to an authorized repair place and probably cover it under warranty. But remove the screen protctor, to make sure the screen is actally damaged. In any case, even if you have to pay for a new screen, it will cost less than a new phone.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If the phone is under warranty and requires a repair like a new screen, Samsung will give authorization and send you (probably) to a uBreakiFix location to have the screen replaced at no charge.  As a matter of fact, you can probably bring it in to them and they can obtain warranty authorization. They are authorized Samsung repairers, so even if your warranty claim is denied, you can still go there and see how much a screen replacement will cost.  As I said below, a screen replacement is still cheaper than a new device.

0 Likes