Original topic:

I do not recommend the A54 in my opinion

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 06:34 PM)
InnesTee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

and probably best to steer clear of the entire A series, tbh.

Here's something I still haven't found a way to do: name a file and designate a destination for it to be saved either internally directly to the device or to the cloud. It cannot be done. You have to go back and manually change the file name which causes a bunch of other problems down the line. It's stupid and I hate it. If anyone's come up with a workaround, I'd love to hear it but if you are otherwise engaged in your life with trying to solve real problems of survival and don't have the energy to devote to such a drastic oversight that it makes you want to throw your phone across the room but also a problem so small by comparison that you can't justify taking the time you rarely have for leisure just to research and then come up with a solution, feel free to just complain here.

Also the cast option sux. Like, it's the worst; might as well not include it. 
0 Likes
11 Replies
chrisgconey
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Which phone do you use? I have the s23+ but even though it does get really touchy when you try to move files and you have to click on them like 1000 times, it still moves them. Now, when I copy and paste, then rename a file, it does glitch out.

I just don't do that and everything works really well.
0 Likes
SamB78
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I love my A54, been a solid phone with no issues since day one. I've had it for 8 months.
0 Likes
InnesTee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That's good! šŸ’ššŸ’™šŸ©µ

But also have you tried to screen cast just an app and not your entire screen? And realized it's just not possible, that if you want to cast anything you have to mirror your entire screen, essentially making your use of the phone in any capacity other than as a redundant screen showing what is already showing via the cast on the larger screen impossible?

Because the only reason screen casting is a useful feature is that you can use your phone during it. You can if you have an S series. Not so much if you have the A
0 Likes
SamB78
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't have any need to use screen cast. Anything I can watch on my phone I can find on my TV.
0 Likes
InnesTee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That's also good! Then they should provide you and others a phone without casting capacity at all therefore saving you even more $.

It's still not an excuse to have a function that delivers only half the functionality that makes it useful. And to not communicate it from the outset so that consumers can make an informed choice.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There are trade offs for the lower price point. Each individual has to decide what's a must have or would be nice to have. Everyone's needs and compromises are different.
InnesTee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes...but the problem is those tradeoffs weren't clearly communicated to me by Samsung, which makes the phone, or by the seller, who only knows what the maker tells them about the phone.

Now that I know that the A series represents a FAR inferior line of products I will be sure to steer clear. But I shouldn't have had to make a nearly $1k mistake to learn that.

And that's why I posted here so that someone else can potentially avoid making such a costly mistake. It's a consumer advocacy/protection measure Samsung ought to provide.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Guess it's your phone. I don't need to cast the screen, no point in that. I cast fb YouTube to my TV. And I'm using my phone at the same time.. That's not new . I did that with my a51 and a 20.. Simple hit cast.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry you had issues. All those are pretty straight forward, not sure why you can't. Also, I cast everyday, works great.
0 Likes