Original topic:

I got hacked a few weeks ago

(Topic created: Saturday)
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Igot hacked so I reset my phone reset everything I thought and now to the 2 weeks later I'm still having issues with my phone it's like it's doing things by itself turning on apps turning off apps changing recommendations and I would reset it and an hour later it'll be right back to where they had it or somebody had it anybody experience anything like this
19 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You have a virus on your phone. That's the only time I've seen phones act like that. Do you have an app installed called "Clean Sweep, Virus protector " anything along those lines ?
0 Likes
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes clean sweep
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Go to settings, apps, find clean sweep and uninstall. If you have 1, you probably have more. See how it acts after you uninstall that.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Did you also change your account passwords or make new accounts? I'd do that first and then buy a new device, as your hacker may have made themselves an administrator on your device or embedded malware on your phone's circuitry.
0 Likes
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So this phone is no good ?
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If it's a virus need to remove it if it's a account hack than change passwords
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It may be or it may not be. You said you reset it and its behaving the same as before. If it was a sophisticated hack, the hacker could have embedded malware in your hardware. It would depend on the circumstances of your hack and what transpired. Most hacks aren't really hacks of the device, they are compromised accounts (usually by someone you know, like vengeful exes) snd the first thing to be done is to utilize an uncompromised device to log in and change your email, Samsung account snd Google accout passwords and check the option to log in with an authenticator app and download an authenticator in order to do that. If you do that and are still seeing changes you did not do, you need to get a new device that's clean and create new Samsung and Google accounts. A new email account wouldn't hurt either, even if you only use it to log into senditive accounts.
0 Likes
blue219
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
How do I remove it ?
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Run the clean sweep after you check it's up todate