Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G stopped charging suddenly

(Topic created: Saturday)
Kiskacsa
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

2 days ago my phone stopped charging with the cable and adapter I got with it. I have a fast charger, and the regular usb c factory cable.

The phone also don't superfastcharge.(I tried with my friends adapter and cable). The charger not even detected.

However it can charge with a slow/regular adapter.

Facts I know: I dont have a bad adapter, the cable is good aswell (tested with multiple phones). My charging port and pins are clean.

Weird fact: When the problem started I couldnt charge with the factory charger. nothing popped up, it was like nothing happened. I tried to connect it to pc, i could transfer anything and it could charge from it, after the pc connection, I swithced back to the mentioned charger and adapter, and it could work for like 10 minutes then it showed "not charging". I tried this again, recconected to pc then switched back to the charger and worked again, then down again. It only works the first time after dissconnected from pc, I instantly plug it into the charger it works for some minutes, but if I plug in (works) and plug out then back in again, it fails again.

What can be the problem? Did anyone experienced something like this before?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No,but did you try running diagnostic tests from the members app? Tap support, tap phone diagnostic, connect the charger, test charging, battery, and sensors.
0 Likes
meself
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Would seem perhaps battery fault would run the battery test
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
First off, shine a light into your usb-c port and make sure it's clean.
Clean it up.
Secondly, try going into Settings>>Battery>>>Charging Settings
The option for Fast Charge is there and see if it's toggled on!
Hope this helps!
0 Likes