Original topic:

My phone factory reset itself and my previous phone, now no email access

(Topic created: Friday)
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Put phones down on night stand, woke up for work, and phone factory reset itself and previous phone, so now no access to my main email accounts recovery info to recover them,been a Samsung customer for year, please understand how important this is,and how urgent it needs to be resolved, before my accounts are deleted,and that without phone factory resetting itself wouldn't need this matter resolved expeditiously please, not a third-party issue, is a Samsung issue please help
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Don't put your email address in a public forum.
If your phone is logged into your Samsung account, you should be able to restore your last backup. You can either go to settings/accounts and backup and restore the last backup, or you can do it via Smart switch. Open the Smart switch app, click on the cloud on the top right and select restore.
Also, accessing your email accounts, even absent doing a restore, simply requires you to reconfigure your email client with your email address(es) and password(s). That is the only way a factory reset or new phone would hinder access to your mail accounts. These days, most email providers have a web interface or app of their own, so you really are not isolated from access.
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Google's automated bs leaves me stuck in a loop when I try to recover, had these email accounts for about 10 years or better that's why I don't understand why I can't access my accounts
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Had the same phone number about the same amount of time
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Google won't let me sign in from my Samsung account, or any other accounts that I have with their products, it's sending me a message say can't verify my account belongs to me yet I've given you all my information and still stuck with stupid automated recovery service
0 Likes
Ole9Toes
Asteroid
Options
OK, had this happen with my j3 pro, somewhere along the line something in Mt phone's settings was changed regarding factory resets, as a result google saw the reset as unauthorized and went into protection mode so to say,

Google is probably asking for the email account that the phone was last synced with, this is different than the last email account last used with or last registered with that phone, it's whatever email account you had google sync with your phone

I had no idea with mine, I tried every email account I had & none worked, I gave up and updated to an A20, then an A50, A51, & finally my A54 5G
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
I know my email address, and had the same phone number for 10 years or better
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
I know my email address, it's locked me out, through no fault of my own
0 Likes
Ole9Toes
Asteroid
Options
If you don't know or can't figure out what that email account is, you can use a computer to access your google account and delete the phone's folder from your account, unfortunately while you might again get access to your phone to do an extensive restore, you'll have lost all the stuff that was backed up to google
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Tried to restore, didn't work or more likely didn't know what I was doing when attempting restoration
0 Likes
zohanzo308
Constellation
Options
Could you please email me directions for extensive restore please
0 Likes