JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New phone (A15) cannot connect to Google Maps in Android Auto

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 02:26 PM)
950FPS45
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just went from the A32 to the A15. Google Maps in Android Auto worked fine with the A32 in my 2020 Nissan. If I try to connect to Maps, I may get a black screen with icons at the bottom but they cannot be activated. I may get the map showing my location but cannot navigate, search, or do anything to the screen - it is a static display. I can get the "Welcome to Android Auto"  screen but cannot activate the "Okay" button or "Manage" button. I also get "No installed apps work with the is USB accessory" screen. New phone running Android 14 and new cable20240516_211139.jpgScreenshot_20240516_205301_Maps.jpg20240516_202953.jpg.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Members_E0XFbvU
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That's an effective work-around, and I might try it if Samsung doesn't fix the issue within the next week.  Update: I was able to get it to work with Android Auto by following Leo's advice of actually going into the apps for AA and Google Maps, and setting the permissions.

0 Likes
Paul1978
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the exact same issue. Recently bought a Samsung A15 and Android Auto doesn't work correctly. I just get a blank screen with icons at the bottom but Google Maps won't load. The touch screen doesn't respond either. Spotify kinda works, music starts playing but I can't access it on the touch screen, only on the phone itself.

I have tried everything suggested in this thread, even bought a wireless dongle, but it still doesn't work!

I am at a total loss, it worked fine with my old phone. Guess the only option now is to get a different phone šŸ™„

0 Likes
950FPS45
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I ended up taking back under warranty and buying the A35 and now have no problem. Likely a programming error with the A15.
0 Likes