JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New phone (A15) cannot connect to Google Maps in Android Auto

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 02:26 PM)
950FPS45
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just went from the A32 to the A15. Google Maps in Android Auto worked fine with the A32 in my 2020 Nissan. If I try to connect to Maps, I may get a black screen with icons at the bottom but they cannot be activated. I may get the map showing my location but cannot navigate, search, or do anything to the screen - it is a static display. I can get the "Welcome to Android Auto"  screen but cannot activate the "Okay" button or "Manage" button. I also get "No installed apps work with the is USB accessory" screen. New phone running Android 14 and new cable20240516_211139.jpgScreenshot_20240516_205301_Maps.jpg20240516_202953.jpg.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
950FPS45
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I ended up taking the phone back under warranty and exchanged (+$200) for the A35 and 

Android Auto connected immediately. 

View solution in context

12 Replies
cassiew1
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm having exact same issue with A15...just got the phone and it's doing same thing. My S8 I had no problems
Solution
950FPS45
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I ended up taking the phone back under warranty and exchanged (+$200) for the A35 and 

Android Auto connected immediately. 

Members_E0XFbvU
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I might do the same thing, if the problem is not resolved in a week or two.

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
  1. Have you tried disabling battery power saving mode for your phone?
    Open phone Settings > Device Care> Battery > Choose Optimize or High Performance.
  2. Enable background activity for Google Maps
    Open phone Settings > Apps > Google Maps > Select Battery > Enable Allow background activity.
  3. Check your Permissions settings for Android Auto.
    Open phone Settings > Apps > Android Auto > Permissions > Check all settings.
Members_E0XFbvU
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I followed Leo's  instructions, and found that going into the app and making the recommended changes fixed the problem. My A15 now connects successfully to Android Auto.  This saved me a lot of time and trouble, as I will not have to return my phone to Best Buy. For some reason, the defaults had not been set up properly before the phone shipped.

0 Likes
Dragma
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Attempted this myself, and it did not help.
0 Likes
Dragma
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have had the same experience with my brand new a15 5g so far quite disappointed. I am hopeing to not return it. Checked all the settings and looked like what was described above.
0 Likes
Members_E0XFbvU
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You are definitely not alone. I traded in my old Samsung Galaxy J7V for a new A15 yesterday.  I had exactly the same experience and the same strange error messages. The statement that "no installed apps work with this USB accessory" is virtually meaningless and absolutely useless. The link to Android "to learn more" really got my anger up.  After a lot of frustration, I was able to solve the issue, so I won't have the hassle of exchanging my phone. The problem is that the defaults were not properly set up at the factory. I went to Settings/apps and then opened Android Auto, Google, and Maps, and set the permissions to allow access to each other. IIRC, Android Auto was originally set to deny permission. Next morning the maps came up on the car's head unit.

0 Likes
Happy2Help
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I just bought an Samsung Galaxy A15. It would not connect to Android Auto in my 2024 Honda Accord. The car was not even recognizing that the device was connected and to use Android Auto in my vehicle the USBc cable MUST be in use. It wouldn't even charge the phone. Tried returning the phone but TMobile said it was an upgrade (at full price) so it could NOT be returned. I called the phone company, took my car to the Honda dealership and nothing.

The fix! I bought a wireless dongle from Amazon for 40.00. Plugged it into the USBc and this allowed Android Auto to connect immediately. It's also alot faster. As far as fixing the charging situation. There is a (cigarette lighter) plug in inside the armrest/console so fixed that to. Hope this helps someone.