Original topic:

No gmail notifications on A25 G5 Phone

(Topic created: yesterday)
NotJustMe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello

I recently purchased my A25 G5 Phone,  to my frustration.  This phone does not allow GMail notifications come through.  I have all setting on to have the notifications to go out turned on.  I have rebooted phone, once in a while notifications will pop up just once if something had come in via Gmail.

When a Gmail comes in my older phone which sim card is removed is chiming still, but not new one.  I find this most frustrating.

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't know why your notifications wouldn't come through on your new phone, unless the notification coming through on  your old phone is somehow interfering. Theoretically, you should be getting the notifications on any device connected to G-Mail. The notices are still going to your old phone because, apparently, it's still connected to wi-fi.  If you are using the old phone as an internet device and dismissing the notifications on that device, it might be dismissing any further notifications from your current device.  See what happens if you turn the old device off.

0 Likes
NotJustMe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am using it as internet device, but I am not using it during the day. It's more my alarm clock if anything.  I am not dismissing anything, I can hear it going off in another room.

However, my phone itself the A25 is not going off on it's own. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That is odd.  I cannot imagine why that is.  I do not have notifications on for GMail, as that is one of my junk mail accounts and I don't need to know when junk comes in. I check my GMail in Thunderbird on my computer.

Do you have notification badges on the app icon?  That may help you at least identify whether you need to open the Gmail app, until you can figure out why the message sounds are not coming through.

Have you tried clearing the app cache and rebooting your phone?  You said it's a new phone, so I'm assuming the notifications never came through.  Maybe it's a small blessing to not be bothered by notifications for email and only check it when you want to (depending on how active that account is).

If all else fails, you can always get an email app and configure it to check your G-Mail account.  If you are like many of us, you may have several email accounts for different purposes, you can add them all to a single app. Even if you only have the G-mail account you could set a notification sound for when mail comes in.  Yes, I know you shouldn't have to do that, but it's a workaround.

0 Likes
NotJustMe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I've done the cache cleaning before, it did ring once about emails received.  It hasn't alerted a notification  again.  Only my old device sounding out.  I getting the impression the samsung install messed up and I must chosen wrong option.

I'm get important emails on that account, its frustrating to need get another app so I can get emails.

0 Likes
mikeh57
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you have sync turned on for Gmail? When I had it turned off I didn't receive Gmail notifications.
0 Likes
NotJustMe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's sync

0 Likes
NotJustMe
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I re-installed Gmail, it says the inbox settings, that Primary sync is off, but it shows it on when I got into the settings.

0 Likes