JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recent app button not doing anything

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 01:44 PM)
KiaraBellaBob
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My recent apps button on the navagation bar isn't doing anything. But it shows that I am pressing it just like the home and back button, it just isn't doing anything. I have a Samsung A14 5G. It is so annoying. Also, when I do gestures, I can't swipe up at all in any of the modes for gestures. Whether it be the one line on the bottom or 3 lines on the bottom. I have already tried doing the recovery mode and clearing cache. But I can't go into safe mode for some reason...I don't know why.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Will1178
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried restarting the device? (like the power restart button, it can reset a lot things that aren't functioning)

If all else fails best thing to do would be factory reset the device after backing up all your data. Could be a glitch from an update you got.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Will1178
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried restarting the device? (like the power restart button, it can reset a lot things that aren't functioning)

If all else fails best thing to do would be factory reset the device after backing up all your data. Could be a glitch from an update you got.
mickyDank707
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Mine is doing the same after the latest update and nothing has fixed it even a factory reset
mickyDank707
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Recent button no longer working on zfold 4 after latest update, reboot and factory resets have both failed to fix.. is anyone else having this issue?
xrayenx
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am having the same issue. Only restarting my phone is fixing the problem so far and I have to do it pretty much daily. 

Members_rHGbnEm
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same thing here.  Hope they fix this soon.

0 Likes
chillpanda
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

with the April 14, 2024 update, this happened to me too, on my Galaxy S21. Luckily a phone restart fixed the issue. But, the issues it caused before finally thinking to do that were frustrating af. Not to mention, in my craze to try and fix the problem, has anyone else also found it bizarre that there's no settings related to the app switcher / recent apps button?

I swear,  I thought maybe Samsung was pulling a Microsoft by changing my settings or something without my knowledge...and it doesn't help that when you try to look at what changes the updates include, they list it altogether with all these other slightly different build numbers of the same model so you can't even distinguish easily which changes apply to your exact phone without memorizing 13 digit baseband version of your phone. Why couldn't they just make a page for each baseband version so that when a user clicks to see what updates there are, it takes them to their specific device or if creating multiple pages was too difficult, at least use page markers for the headings of each baseband device or something so that the user can be given a specific URL with a device-specific URL fragment, parameter, or query inline so that when clicked, they can easily identify which updates apply to their device?

ah sorry started venting but c'mon don't force an update if it's going to cause issues....

0 Likes
jteche143
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
After OS update April 14, 2024
Recent button no longer works.
0 Likes
FuzzyBandicoot
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile