Original topic:

Removeable film along edge of A54 5G?

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 10:28 PM)
En1Es1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello.

I've noticed a film that runs all along the edge of my new A54 5G phone. This film has cut-outs so that none of the ports, buttons, etc. are covered by this film (see attached collage image).2024_02_05_Film around edge of A54 5G.jpgThere doesn't appear to be any film on the front or back sides of the phone. This film appears to be only along the edge of the phone. This film is beginning to peal away in one spot. Am I supposed to remove this film? What possible purpose does it have?

I see that Samsung says to remove protective film (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/make-sure-that-the-protective-film-on-your-new-gal...), but the article describes film that covers the camera, charging hole, speakers, microphone, etc. This film along the edge of my phone has cut-outs so these features are unobstructed.

Does anyone know if I should keep this film or remove it before putting my phone in its new Spigen case?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That looks like the stickers they install for shipping and can be removed from the pictures that's what it looks like 

p.s you can leave it on if your putting the phone in a case shouldn't hurt it 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That looks like the stickers they install for shipping and can be removed from the pictures that's what it looks like 

p.s you can leave it on if your putting the phone in a case shouldn't hurt it 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

ibeish
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I kept them on for a while with my first case but ended up taking them off. Up to you really if you want the extra protection
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It is just scratch protection for new phone so it doesn't get scratched up before you buy. You can leave it or remove. I didn't notice it either until I was getting ready to ship my trade in. It was starting to peal off in a couple places and I wondered what happened as it was cased it's whole time. Was just sticker
0 Likes
Billsphan
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Get rid of it, I did. I sanded the edges alitlle so I could keep a grip on it till the new case came.
0 Likes