Original topic:

Samsung visual voicemail fails to connect with VPN

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userClBuf1kp8R
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Galaxy A53 5G with Visual Voicemail 18.1.01.39

Voicemail will connect and refresh when Norton360 VPN is off.  When it is on, refresh just hangs for about a minute or 2 then I get the message "Something went wrong.   We ran into a problem.  Try again later. If there is still a problem, contact customer service."    Seems like I've had this off and on for forever, but recently it used to work.  I recently changed my cell company, and now it is failing and I've narrowed it down to the VPN.  Other apps can be extremely slow when the VPN is off (I know, counter intuitive ...)

Is this a known problem with a fix?  

Mike

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Some apps just don't like to run under a vpn, some websites don't like it either. And sometimes the VPN is just doing what a VPN is supposed to do.

Solution
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Maybe ask your carrier for VPN suggestions with voicemail. You can always exclude an app in the VPN I would reckon. I'm guessing a voicemail with visual transcript should not be included in the VPN, but could be wrong.
0 Likes
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Also, to remember from what I read these types of apps should be excluded : Gaming/Streaming services/Banking and Financial/ Built in security apps like WhatsApp/Time Sensitive apps like weather/Navigation like maps. And voicemail do check with carrier. Hope this helps. Have a great day.
0 Likes