Original topic:

Smart tag 2 won't reset

(Topic created: 01-23-2024 10:49 AM)
Subee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am trying to reset my smart tag 2, following instructions to the letter, and I can't get it to reset. Any help fir this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concerns on resetting your Smart Tag and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

I know that you stated that you have tried to reset the tag by removing the battery and pressing the button but have you tried deleting the tracker from the SmartThings app?

If the SmartThings Tracker is reinitialized, it will be reset. To do so, you must delete the tracker from the SmartThings app. When it's deleted, it will initialize itself so it can reconnect to SmartThings. At which time, you'll be able to connect and register the tracker.

Before you delete the tracker from the SmartThings app, ensure it's not in motion. When the tracker is deleted, any associated Automations or Scenes will also be deleted. 

From your phone, navigate to and touch the SmartThings app

Touch the Menu icon from the left side, and then select the tracker's location from the touch the Location Drop Down menu

Touch the Menu icon again, and then touch Devices 

Touch More Options (3 vertical dots) icon in the upper right corner, and then touch Edit

Touch the Remove icon (minus sign) next to the tracker, and then touch DELETE to confirm the removal

Once the tracker is deleted, it will be initialized. The LED will flash blue during this time

When the LED blinks red, green and blue, the tracker is ready to connect with SmartThings. If the LED isn't blink red, green and blue, restart the tracker

If you're not ready to connect the tracker with SmartThings again, press and hold the Power button for three seconds to power it off. The LED will blink three times before powering off.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You mean removing the battery and pressing the button?
Subee
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes
0 Likes
L3XANDR0
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Did you ever find a solution? I am also unable to reset one of my tags. I was able to successfully reset other tags. Tested the batteries, and tried batteries from other working tags. 

0 Likes
Dontmess
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am having the same issue, any fix yet

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concerns on resetting your Smart Tag and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

I know that you stated that you have tried to reset the tag by removing the battery and pressing the button but have you tried deleting the tracker from the SmartThings app?

If the SmartThings Tracker is reinitialized, it will be reset. To do so, you must delete the tracker from the SmartThings app. When it's deleted, it will initialize itself so it can reconnect to SmartThings. At which time, you'll be able to connect and register the tracker.

Before you delete the tracker from the SmartThings app, ensure it's not in motion. When the tracker is deleted, any associated Automations or Scenes will also be deleted. 

From your phone, navigate to and touch the SmartThings app

Touch the Menu icon from the left side, and then select the tracker's location from the touch the Location Drop Down menu

Touch the Menu icon again, and then touch Devices 

Touch More Options (3 vertical dots) icon in the upper right corner, and then touch Edit

Touch the Remove icon (minus sign) next to the tracker, and then touch DELETE to confirm the removal

Once the tracker is deleted, it will be initialized. The LED will flash blue during this time

When the LED blinks red, green and blue, the tracker is ready to connect with SmartThings. If the LED isn't blink red, green and blue, restart the tracker

If you're not ready to connect the tracker with SmartThings again, press and hold the Power button for three seconds to power it off. The LED will blink three times before powering off.