Original topic:

Text messages issues between samsung smartphones

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My mom has a Samsung Galaxy J3 luna thru Straight Talk and I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra thru AT&T. She is not getting texr messages from my phone and if she does they are hours after I sent it out. I have told her to restart her phone frequently and when she does, my text messages go thru as they should but in a matter days or a week, they are back to not being recieved my her at all or if she does they are 5+ hours after I sent it. What could be causing this and how could it be fixed or can it be fixed? Could it be a bad sim card??

She says she has no problem with texts from anyone else except my texts. I have a google voice number I use for business and I has been texting from that number because she will get those messages and they seem to all be recieved on time but from my number threw AT&T is when the text problems comes.
0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@MzLadyX This is an issue with her phone, her phone's connectivity to the network, or Straight Talk. Her phone is quite old and has an very old OS and security installed. I am very surprised that they are still selling and supporting this phone. 

MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
She only got it a couple years ago. I know in cellphone years that equal to ancient. So the only fix would be to replace the phone completely?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I doubt that the phone is defective. Either a network setting on her phone or at the carrier is probably the issue. Have you tried a Network reset on her phone?
0 Likes