JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to get my Galaxy A14 to connect to my Wi-Fi network?

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 06:16 PM)
GPA1954
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I cannot get my phone to connect to my WiFi. No other device has issues. I've done the soft reset, checked the settings, done the forget network, safe mode. My hubby's phone has hardly any apps on it (that were not pre-installed). He used to be able to get connected. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can the phone connect to any other wi-fi network? If not, then perhaps the wi-fi antenna is faulty. If it connects to another network, the problem lies with your network.  Is it your phone that is not connecting or your husband's? or both?

If you do not have another network available to try to connect to, then either go to a place with a public, no password required internet connection and try connecting.  If you have another phone available, an easy way to test is to use one phone as a mobile hot spot and then try to connect the phone you are having a problem with to the hotspot (make sure you check for the hotspot password in settings, where you can either accept the default network name and password or change it to your own configuration.)

View solution in context

5 Replies
3Fees
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Click settings, then wi-fi, look at Available networks, find your router- wifi- click on it,enter password to your wifi router, make sure auto connect is switched on your good to go.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Need_a_Moto
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the same problem.   Seemingly since the most recent software update,  my a14 5g won't connect to my home wifi.   

- All other devices can connect

- I've restarted my device

- I've reset network settings

- I've clicked "forget network" and reentered info

- I've TOTALLY reset my modem to factory settings and started again.   

- Wifi is turned on 🙄

- Airplane mode is not on 🙄

STILL my a14 5g says "connected without internet"

It's been WEEKS and this is maddening. 

.... Anyone??

0 Likes
Need_a_Moto
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

PS: I do not have another phone (Hotspot) or wifi source to try to connect to.   I'm disabled and don't get out much. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I would say you've done the majority of the troubleshooting that an agent would provide for this type of scenario. I would recommend going to like a Mcdonalds or coffee shop somewhere that has free wi-fi and attempt to connect to their wifi, if you're still not able to connect to the wifi at that point your phone will require service. 

You can find service options by visiting: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

If you're able to connect to the network or free wifi at one of the shops, then the problem would like with the settings in your router. I would encourage you to reach out to your internet service provider, they normally can walk you through some steps of settings that you can change on your router. 

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can the phone connect to any other wi-fi network? If not, then perhaps the wi-fi antenna is faulty. If it connects to another network, the problem lies with your network.  Is it your phone that is not connecting or your husband's? or both?

If you do not have another network available to try to connect to, then either go to a place with a public, no password required internet connection and try connecting.  If you have another phone available, an easy way to test is to use one phone as a mobile hot spot and then try to connect the phone you are having a problem with to the hotspot (make sure you check for the hotspot password in settings, where you can either accept the default network name and password or change it to your own configuration.)