Original topic:

When will the Galaxy A15 5G U.S. Version receive the July security patch?

(Topic created: a month ago)
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Does anyone know when will the U.S. version of the Galaxy A15 5G is getting the July security patch because I haven't gotten it.
meself
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Rocking along
EthanPeterson
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You should be getting fairly soon within a couple weeks your carrier is the one who pushes out the software update samsung is just the one who releases them I myself have a A14 5g 1722035723478.jpg
meself
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
True Google and Samsung updates goto the carriers who release it
3Fees
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have not heard any news on it. There is a serious August update in the works by Samsung for all Galaxy phones and Tablets confirmed to Forbes though , maybe then.

Cheers
3Fees
meself
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The August update is expected to have fixes from Samsung included
Members_62C8CEr
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes it is 

Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think they're going to give me the August security patch šŸ¤”
0 Likes
Sadiepup74
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

For example, consider the update schedule for Samsung's Galaxy A series. The Galaxy A14 5G will typically receive the latest software patch with a one-month delay. So in August, it will receive the July security patch. On the other hand, the newer Galaxy A15 5G will get the current month's security patch, in this case, August.

This update approach allows Samsung to have the newest models while still maintaining regular updates for older devices, keeping their users happy and max on security.

I don't know if this is how it works exactly, so correct me, if I'm wrong. (Note. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G).

Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That is exactly what I was thinking
0 Likes
ukraina
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That's not how it works. The A25 5G which was released at the same time as the A15 5G always gets updates later than the A15 5G. The A15 5G got the July security update in Europe this week, the A25 5G is still on the May update.

New phones tend to get updates more frequently than the Samsung list shows. So far the A15 5G has had bimonthly updates in January, March, May and July.

The A25 5G has so far had updates in January, February, April and May. The South American version of the phone  got a June update in July, not the July update for some reason.

I think the A15 5G is more likely to get a September update than an August update.