JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why did Samsung put Media Tek chip on my phone

(Topic created: 10-19-2023 10:19 PM)
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I thought Samsung was an honest company that loves to keep it's end of the bargain by putting the Samsung Exynos chipset  in it's mobile devices. I installed an app called CPUID and got the information about the processor hardware installed on this phone. I was shocked to learn that it's media Tek Helio P35. Why did Samsung put a Chinese hardware on my phone? They could be spying on me  already and might have mined data from my handset, why did Samsung do this and users need to know that a Chinese chipset is running their phones and their privacy and security could be compromised.

This is serious and someone needs to sue samsung for breaching terms of service. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That is the correct processor. I've owned phones in the past with Mediatek chips in them. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. šŸ™‚

"Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)"
https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a04-ampp-11817.php

View solution in context

11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What type of phone do you have? Where did your purchase the device?
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Galaxy A04, I bought in Nairobi Kenya 

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That is the correct processor. I've owned phones in the past with Mediatek chips in them. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. šŸ™‚

"Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)"
https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a04-ampp-11817.php
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I feel inadequate because that is a low end hardware that shouldn't be running any Samsung device. I thought Samsung used the Exynos and Snapdragon chipsets on their devices which were high quality but it's okay if higher end Samsung devices use the same Media Tek chipset

VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A-series devices are generally not considered flagship phones, like the S or Z series, so they won't be equipped with the newest processors Qualcomm or Samsung manufacturers. Many Samsung phones use Mediatek chips, and they work just fine. There is no spyware installed on them. Were you able to review the specifications of the phone, either in person or online, prior to purchasing it? You always have the option of upgrading in the future, although I'm not certain which phones are sold in your country.
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Even if it were possible, it would be equal to buying a new phone all the same. Is there a Z or an S series Samsung device that runs on Media Tek? If yes then that would make me feel so much better because the are other A Series that use the Exynos which is a whole lot better than Media Tek 

VerbumVeritum
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No, flagship devices exclusively have either Exynos or Snapdragon chips in them, usually the newest processors that are released the year the phone rolls out. That is why they cost US$1000-2000+. Some A-series models do feature Exynos or Qualcomm chips, but these are pretty much on-par with Mediatek chips in terms of speed. The region that you're located in is a strong determining factor in the type of processor that is available.
GalaxyDragon
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just googled and learnt that the S23 features a media Tek chipset. 

0 Likes
userFabnV9Kxdw
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
no it doesn't...
0 Likes