JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will using Smart Switch a month after the initial transfer result in duplicated text messages on new phone?

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 11:55 AM)
En1Es1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi. This is my first post and I hope I'm using this forum correctly.

A month ago, I used Smart Switch to transfer data from my old S7 to my new A54. For a reason I now regret (old habits die hard), I continued to use my old S7. As a result, there are now text & multimedia messages and phone call logs for the past month that are obviously missing on my new A54.

If I use Smart Switch again (in order to get those missing text & multimedia messages and phone logs onto my A54), is there a chance that I'll wind up with a lot of duplicate messages and phone logs on my A54? That is, will Smart Switch transfer ALL the messages and phone logs or will it just transfer the messages and phone logs that occurred after I used Smart Switch a month ago?

I did see the following statement online: "Please note: Even if the same data is transmitted multiple times, duplicate data is skipped during the data transmission process." (https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/apps-services/what-are-the-data-transfer-options-in-smart-swi...)

This would suggest to me that only the messages and phone logs from the past month will be transferred to my A54. I am not terribly tech savvy and would appreciate feedback indicating whether my understanding is correct, or not. (I really don't want a mess of duplicate texts and phone logs on my new A54.)

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Only the new stuff will transfer, but the messages are kept by your varrier and should be in your messaging app. If they are, they eill either be skipped or overwritten. The new call logs eill transfer.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Or will transfer what is missing.
When using use custom, you set it only for the time period that you want
NinerNation6
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Images on smart watch will not download to phone
0 Likes
En1Es1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you, realaud and Robin621k. It worked like a charm. Appreciated the heads' up that Smart Switch would also ask me for a time period that I want stuff transferred.

0 Likes