JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Computer Not Working

(Topic created: 12-31-2022 01:36 AM)
KFCBucket
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi, so I’ve recently bought a new laptop, one day I was using it and it was on low battery, so I did something really idiotic , charge on both sides. After using for about 2-3 minutes it automatically turned off, and I could not turn it on anymore. Is there any way I can turn on my laptop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

@KFCBucket 

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to truly charge from 2 ports at the same time, there should be some protections built in to only use one in situations like these. Are you comfortable opening your laptop? One thing you can try is open the back (bottom) of the laptop, and carefully unplug the battery cable from the motherboard. Then, flip it over and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. Plug the battery back in, and try starting it, or charging. This process should drain all remaining power from the system, and reset CMOS, which can help in a lot of weird situations.

If not, since you said you bought it recently, you can reach out to Samsung for support or warranty. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in context

2 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Computers
Probably need to change the battery if it's self replaceable. You may have fried the CMOS battery on the motherboard too. Power surge is not good for electronics especially the smaller they get.
0 Likes
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

@KFCBucket 

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to truly charge from 2 ports at the same time, there should be some protections built in to only use one in situations like these. Are you comfortable opening your laptop? One thing you can try is open the back (bottom) of the laptop, and carefully unplug the battery cable from the motherboard. Then, flip it over and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. Plug the battery back in, and try starting it, or charging. This process should drain all remaining power from the system, and reset CMOS, which can help in a lot of weird situations.

If not, since you said you bought it recently, you can reach out to Samsung for support or warranty. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"