JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 3 - no fingerprint login option

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Jimmy_W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

My Galaxy Book Pro 3 has stopped offering me the ability to login with the fingerprint that I set up in Windows Hello on Win 11. When I try to use a registered fingerprint, the login screen states that my PIN is required. When the login screen first appears, it presents with "PIN" in the box in which a PIN can be entered. See the screenshot. Could there a setting in the BIOS that was altered during a recent update?

IMG_20240430_073408.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to make sure after the update did you make sure that the sign-in with fingerprint option was turned on. It could have been turned off during the update. If not then I would recommend resetting your fingerprint sign-in and trying this again. Please see below on how to do this.  I would recommend first after removing your fingerprint sign in to restart your computer, you may not have to, but it may help.

Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
Locate Fingerprint and click Remove under it.
After that, click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint.
Reboot your PC if needed. 

Please let me know if this helps!

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to make sure after the update did you make sure that the sign-in with fingerprint option was turned on. It could have been turned off during the update. If not then I would recommend resetting your fingerprint sign-in and trying this again. Please see below on how to do this.  I would recommend first after removing your fingerprint sign in to restart your computer, you may not have to, but it may help.

Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
Locate Fingerprint and click Remove under it.
After that, click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint.
Reboot your PC if needed. 

Please let me know if this helps!

Jimmy_W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

This seems to have worked after a couple reboots. I've done this before, as the fingerprint login stops working periodically.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

That's great to hear!