Original topic:

How to update BIOS on Galaxy Book3 (US version)

(Topic created: 05-02-2024 05:26 PM)
shbaik
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have a Galaxy Book3 (US version Model#: NP750XFG-KB2US) with BIOS version P07CFL.

And I was wondering if I have the latest BIOS and, if not, wanted to update it to the latest ver.

But after searching Samsung website for hours and calling Samsung laptop tech supports few times(No one knows what is the official latest BIOS version), I am resorting to user community to find an answer. Anyone have this info? 

1. The Samsung official latest BIOS version

2. Location to download BIOS and BIOS Update Utilility

Thanks in advance!

12 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
You should be able to go into settings and go down to Windows updates at the bottom. Click check for update, and if you have an update, it will appear there

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/computing/windows-laptops/galaxy-book/galaxy-book3/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
shbaik
Asteroid
Options
Computers

BIOS updates are not typically done through Windows updates. Every PC manufacturers have specific websites for downloading both BIOS file itself as well as BIOS update utility. But Samsung does not seem to have these...

GaryB82
Options
Computers
You should be able to use this link to find the download
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083923/

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
shbaik
Asteroid
Options
Computers

GaryB82, Samsung Update App does not have BIOS update option.  I am not looking for general driver and/or app updates. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Computers
Everything I can find says it's inside of the Samsung update app
Launch Samsung Update from the Start Screen or your desktop. The program will open in the desktop. Click on Update from the left side menu. Locate the System BIOS Update, click on it, and then click Update. If you can't locate the app here's a link to it
https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nq3hdb99vbf?rtc=1&hl=en-us&gl=US

ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Is there a reason why you want to update bios? Or is it because you just wanted the latest version?
0 Likes
shbaik
Asteroid
Options
Computers

The pc manufacturers routinely update BIOS to fix issues or to improve performance. I started out wanting to find out if I have the latest version and, if not, way to update it. With Samsung it looks like they made it difficult to do this unlike all other OEMs such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer etc.

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
If it isn't broke, don't fix it
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Sometimes newer firmware is worse then older, my router will not work with a newer firmware so I had to load an older one
0 Likes