JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 BIOS Update: Won't Restart

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 05:54 AM)
userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I've had Samsung Update twice push out a BIOS update. The first time (a few weeks ago) that I installed the update, the device wouldn't restart. I sent it for service after talking to support, and when they got it seven days later, they plugged it in and it restarted. We believe this was because the battery fully drained and resolved the problem.

I'm having the same problem after another BIOS update was installed yesterday. I've tried all suggestions (hold power button for over 30 seconds, hold power button while unplugged, plug back in, and hold for 30 seconds, etc.) and nothing works. There has to be a way to force the battery to drain faster than waiting a week, isn't there? Beyond that - why are these BIOS updates not working? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

A tip from another post: use the (unplugged) laptop to charge your phone or tablet to drain the battery faster. I drained the battery fully overnight, and was able to restart as normal after the updated failure. Samsung still needs to fix the BIOS update problem and provide a tip for draining the battery faster in these circumstances. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

A tip from another post: use the (unplugged) laptop to charge your phone or tablet to drain the battery faster. I drained the battery fully overnight, and was able to restart as normal after the updated failure. Samsung still needs to fix the BIOS update problem and provide a tip for draining the battery faster in these circumstances. 

userc407kV2v7S
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Original poster here, 7 months later. Microsoft pushed update KB5015814, and the restart failed again, just like in the original post. Since I'm out of warranty, I pulled the back off of the Galaxy Book and unplugged the battery, then plugged in the AC power and the laptop was able to be restarted. I then plugged the battery back in, replaced the cover, and all is good. For anyone looking for a shortcut, that seems to be the best option. This video shows how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhAdN9DEFo

Why isn't there a battery reset button or pinhole? I'm beyond irritated with Samsung for how often I've had to deal with this restart issue. I love the laptop performance, but will likely never buy a Samsung device again.

This videp is a tear down on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex. You will get to see step by step on how to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Book Flex laptop. The model for this is: - Samsung Galaxy Book Flex - Samsung Galaxy NP730QCJ-K03US How to clone M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - https://youtu.be/Gdqvzl0bEHs​
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Try plugging a external hard drive in it. That wakes mines up every time.
0 Likes
userZuSThU3TUW
Constellation
Options
Computers

This has happened to me three times on a 360 pro that is only a month old. Using the option of plugging in a mobile or tablet is not an option. I disabled the function with the intention of enabling when required. I hadn't heard of the option to plug in a hard drive. I have USB3 external drives, i can plug one in using a USB3 - USBc adapter. Do i plug into the charging port or the normal port? Hoping this works, getting to the stage I am looking at returning back to Amazon. Hope someone out there in Samsung land can help

0 Likes