JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy book wouldn't turn on, no light. Now fixed.

(Topic created: 07-06-2023 01:29 PM)
benshaw2
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi,

I thought I would share my experience with my galaxy book laptop not turning on in case it's useful for anyone else. I used the laptop last night as usual, no software updates. Then this morning it wouldn't turn on. There was no blue light when I plugged it in, and I recalled that the battery still had plenty of charge from the night before.

I contacted Samsung support by phone, and they confirmed that my laptop was out of warranty since I bought it a couple of years ago. So, having previous experience with electronic repairs, I opted to take a look myself. I carefully removed the rubber studs on the bottom and the small screws underneath. The back cover was on pretty tight, but I was able to carefully pry it off.

I used a voltmeter to verify that the battery was indeed alive. Then I turned to the power button. I carefully disconnected and then reconnected the strip which connects the power button to the rest of the circuit. Then, voila! The laptop suddenly worked.

Somehow it seems the strip that connects the power button to the circuit wasn't properly attached. I'm not sure how: maybe the laptop got knocked while my back was turned.

Anyway, I hope this helps: maybe your problem is something simple!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for that information! 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution