Original topic:

Laptop won't turn on after BIOS update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
pablote86
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have a Galaxy Book Pro 360 running Windows 11. Today I got a notification saying that the system had to undergo a BIOS update. The update seemingly took place and then the computer shut down. I have not been able to turn it back on since then. When unplugged, if I press the power button the side light becomes blue and flashes, the keyboard lights up, and I can hear the fans.  When plugged in, the sidelight becomes red (as it if was charging the battery), but the computer does not turn on. 

18 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Contact Samsung and see if it can be recovered, a bad bios install can definitely kill a computer, I've been there
0 Likes
Lcsnsson
Constellation
Options
Computers

I got the same forced BIOS update today on the same computer, also Windows 11. I'm trying to fix it myself, I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
You could try to download the update to a flash drive and boot the laptop up with the flash drive in
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Computers
Negative- if the bios is down a flash drive won't be recognized, possible Samsung bios recovery method or crisis bios recovery method- very technical.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Had a few asus boards that would automatically update from a recovery flash drive, I've also hot flashed a few boards in my time
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Computers
This is a Samsung laptop.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
I know this, reason I said they could try, doesn't hurt to try since the board is pretty much dead anyways if that bios chip is corrupted now
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
I read that some people was able to plug in a hard drive to wake it up or let the battery completely drain, seen it on here and Google, that laptop seems weird
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Computers
I'd still take it computer shop and have them run diagnostic program on it, does not cost that much and then he'd know for certainty.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes