JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moving files on Samsung Galaxy Book Go

(Topic created: Thursday)
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

This is admittedly a minor issue, but it's driving me nuts. I'm used to using Google rather than Edge, and in Google I can select a file and select "move to" and it moves it to my selected location. On Edge all I can to copy and paste things which wastes time and is rather annoying. I'm wondering if there's a setting I've yet to find to deal with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Computers
Should be option to save
0 Likes
lovebabygirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Ask Google if u have any trouble Google as help me alot.
0 Likes
M3M
Constellation
Options
Computers
How can I change my address for home in information for location?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers

@M3M Please make your own post instead of posting in an unrelated thread. Go to the front page of the community app and click the big blue "new post" button, choose a category and write your post.  That way the community members will be more likely to see it and give you a response, it will also help others who may be looking for the same solution.  Posting in the middle of an unrelated post, is not going to help you or anyone else and it's rude and distracting to the original poster.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers

What are you referring to?  You don't move files through internet browsers, you do it through a file manager.

0 Likes
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

I meant using file manager, which I should have mentioned. I'm used to Google, and having the option to simply move files around, not copying and pasting them then going back to delete the original. It's a step backwards for a simple function, not forward.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
In Samsung file manager, you would go to the folder withe the file you want to move, select the file, choose move, then navigate to the folder you want to move to and select move here.
0 Likes
FTW13
Constellation
Options
Computers

Works fine that way on my desktop and tablet, but not in this case. This Samsung laptop doesn't give me that option. Copy and paste is the only way to go. It's annoying.  

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Computers
Windows 11?
0 Likes