JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Book 5 Pro 360

(Topic created: yesterday)
rli1288
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Just got the new Samsung Book 5 360 Pro fresh out of the box. The windows set up went directly to the fingerprint option instead of facial recognition.  The windows sign in options says "windows hello is unavailable because it cannot find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"  Why would Samsung ship this with this problem? How do I fix this?  

9 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Can opt out if that option
0 Likes
rli1288
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Not an option. I want to use windows hello face.

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
That would be biometrics I think it's called it's a windows feature regardless of brand
0 Likes
rli1288
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I'm not sure you're understanding my problem. The windows sign in options says "windows hello is unavailable because it cannot find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" I have a compatible camera! But windows hello is not recognizing it.

0 Likes
JollyCello
Constellation
Options
Computers

@rli1288 When you say a compatible camera, do you mean a Webcam that you are trying to use with your laptop or the Webcam on your laptop?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @rli1288! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, our laptops do not have a camera compatible with Windows Hello. You can only do the fingerprint reader and pin passwords on the laptop.

SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Computers
Go into your camera and security settings on this. That is rather odd. Even though the camera is tech savvy enough it just may be a software issue..
0 Likes
rli1288
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Agree it is software issue, although I cannot find any settings to change to fix this. I think it is a windows hello software problem. Looking for someone who can tell me what buttons to push to fix it

0 Likes
JollyCello
Constellation
Options
Computers

Facial recognition is not available on Samsung laptops, only fingerprint readers. 

When to read the specs of the computer you purchased and it clearly states fingerprint reader in the security section. 

0 Likes