JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung book 4 pro 360 Sensor issues

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userybysXnPLxA
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Update received the laptop back. Instead of fixing the issues, the repair center turned the features off. No finger printer sensor, no facial recognition. I can't even add a pin for security. I want to know what's going on!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! As previously started this laptop does not support facial recognition. As for the features not turned on are you not able to set it up in the menu setting? You can do that by Clicking Start, and then click Settings. Click Accounts, and then click Sign-in options. If you haven't already created a PIN, click Add under PIN. Enter a desired PIN and then click OK. Then, click Set up under "Fingerprint". Click Get started, and enter your PIN in the "Making sure it’s you" window.

You can also use this link to help set up those features: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062951/.

If this does not help then I would recommend attempting a factory reset on the laptop its self. After that, it would be recommended to get this set back up for service if you are still having issues. You can call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this set back up.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! As previously started this laptop does not support facial recognition. As for the features not turned on are you not able to set it up in the menu setting? You can do that by Clicking Start, and then click Settings. Click Accounts, and then click Sign-in options. If you haven't already created a PIN, click Add under PIN. Enter a desired PIN and then click OK. Then, click Set up under "Fingerprint". Click Get started, and enter your PIN in the "Making sure it’s you" window.

You can also use this link to help set up those features: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062951/.

If this does not help then I would recommend attempting a factory reset on the laptop its self. After that, it would be recommended to get this set back up for service if you are still having issues. You can call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 to get this set back up.

userybysXnPLxA
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I have read your response. In none of the advertisements or discrptions that( I seen) for the book 4 pro 360 does it state that it does not support facial recognition. It does not make sense for this feature not to be present. After all, is it, or is it not, a pro model. I looked for and watched everything about this model before purchasing. I am disappointed in Samsung for this tactic. I do feel let down. 

After receiving it from the repair center, the finger print sensor was replaced, however, it was turned off. I could not turn on security features as well. I could not add a password or pin. These also had been turned off. This happened at the service center that Samsung sent it to. Again disappointed and bewildered. Why Samsung turned of security features it does not make any sense. Please, are you understanding my level of disappointed. I expected more of Samsung. 

I did research myself, and found a missing program (Samsung Recovery). After downloading it from Windows Store, I followed the steps, and drivers and updates took place. My finger print sensor now works. I can now utilize password and pin security. I was told that the camera is 1080 in definition. It is at best 720. That is a most frustrating thing coming from Samsung, to have a subpar camera in a pro version laptop. Can this be explained? The camera is not 1080. Can Samsung push out an update for the camera? I am comparing what I have with what was advertised and it does not match. Again maybe I have a bad unit, and would be willing to exchange it, replace it, or return it. This is subpar for Samsung.

0 Likes