JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice prompts with ChromeVox & text to speech turned off?

(Topic created: 07-05-2023 10:01 AM)
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

I have ChromeVox and text to speech turned off in settings on my Chrombook 4. However, when I login I still get voice prompts to enter my PIN and an announcement that I have logged in. How can I disable all voice prompts. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Thank you for confirming after doing more research unfortunately there is no way to turn this off that I can find there might be other non samsung ways to do this. But there is no way to do this otherwise.  You can try to mute the audio at start-up and then turn the audio back on but that would be the only way Samsung approved way. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can understand how this can be concerning with this occuring. You can also try the following below to turn off voice assistnace also. 

1. Open Settings on your Chromebook.

2. Click on Search and Assistant from the left sidebar followed by Google Assistant on the right side.

3. Turn off the toggle next to On to completely disable Google Assistant. Alternatively, if you want to turn off the Hey Google voice command only, then select Off under the Hey Google drop-down box.

Please let us know if this helps! 

0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Turning off Google Assistant did not stop the login voice prompts.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Just want to make sure is the voice narration still occurring after you log in or is it just the welcome login? 

0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

It is just at login.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Thank you for confirming after doing more research unfortunately there is no way to turn this off that I can find there might be other non samsung ways to do this. But there is no way to do this otherwise.  You can try to mute the audio at start-up and then turn the audio back on but that would be the only way Samsung approved way. 

0 Likes