JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Update the app you just came from."

(Topic created: 02-25-2022 01:43 PM)
Members_UCQMMNa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I got a new galaxy book pro 360 delivered today and am unable to sign in to my Samsung account. I've updated all software and apps on the computer. I've spent hours on the phone with two different techs. I'm exhausted and about to return this $1,500 laptop because the one thing I bought it for - to be able to easily sync my notes to a windows machine that also functions like a tablet - doesn't work.

The full error text is:

"Update the app you just came from

The app you tried to sign in from is too out of date to connect to your Samsung account. Go to the About page in that app and update it. "

An okay button is the only option. 

Has anyone ever experienced this maddening problem before, and, if so, how did you solve it other than returning it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
I'm on my laptop, the Note app is version 4.3.11.0. I'm signed into Samsung Cloud and storage sync is always on. What is your version. And, search for Galaxy Appstore from a web browser or the Note app. Download it from Samsung and not Microsoft. Most of the time I get my apps directly from the sources. Sometimes you can download them directly to a folder. Sometimes they do ask you if you want them from Microsoft store. If given an option, take them directly from the source.

View solution in context

0 Likes
25 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
No, did Windows update start auto downloading in the background. I have a 360 with no problems. Are you on Home or Pro? Also, easier to sign in from the Samsung Bluetooth app, Notes or Gallery.
0 Likes
Members_UCQMMNa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Tried Bluetooth, notes, gallery, galaxy experience. Every single program provides the same infuriating pop-up. Tech support even remoted in because they thought I was computer illiterate and was doing something wrong. They'll call me back, they say. That was hours ago.

I even created a new user profile to see if that would help. Same issues on the new profile. 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Factory reset it. Do the clean install one. All the Samsung apps can be reloaded from the most recent ones from Microsoft store. Don't be shocked if you see the bloatware removed. Everything you actually need can be reinstalled from the Microsoft store. Did you use the Samsung Update app yet? May be some new firmware. They update the bios regularly.
Members_UCQMMNa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

A factory reset usually is my go to fix for confounding computer problems, but it was a brand new fresh out of the box laptop four hours ago. A factory reset seems unlikely to help since it wouldn't sign in while in its original factory state. 

Yes, also did a firmware update. Updated everything that even thought about wanting to be updated. 

Interesting you mention deleting and reinstalling Samsung programs - the tech who remoted in actually deleted the galaxy experience app AND IT'S JUST GONE NOW. Seriously, no in Samsung updates, not in windows store. I could practically see the look of utter confusion on his face through the phone.

Before I break down and exchange it, I'll try the factory reset. Tried everything else, why not!

Cheers! 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
You will be surprised it could help. And, what they dont tell you is the clean version from the Samsung reserve volume is better than the one shipped. Your support agent must have been new. Ask for a manager next time and tell them you want the keyboard factory reset procedure.

Also, the apps will all reinstall. May not be immediately but they will come in. You have the Samsung firmware and apps, Windows operating system and intel stuff. Windows 11 is a nightmare by itself. My system shipped with Win 10 Home. Just upgrading to Win 10 Pro propped 2 factory resets. The basic OS one; and the reserve volume one. Fixed all problems.
Members_UCQMMNa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Alas. I did two resets overnight. No joy. 😔

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
At first, I was fighting it too. Dome of the software made no sense. But, once you start using the laptop it is a work horse. I use it a lot for my edraw suite and graphics. Autodesk sketchbook, etc. Plus, it is good for video editing. The screen has me captivated watching content. Seriously engaging. Also, use it a lot for online shopping. Mostly I get my software directly from websites I want to use. The Samsung software is not the main draw.
0 Likes
Members_UCQMMNa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Also, I updated EVERTHING. All of it. Every windows update, every driver, every Samsung program - everything is the latest version. It's comical. Running windows 11 home, BTW. Thanks! 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
How are you trying to sign in from what app? Relax, it gets better after the learning curve.
0 Likes