Original topic:

Bug on browser between cover screen and main screen

(Topic created: Sunday)
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi guys. I wonder if any of you has the same problem like the one i describe below. It's basically the message i sent to the support but i never got any update or feedback but the support closed the report. Also, this is just one of the few websites i noticed and i used this particular website as an example since it does not require a login.

Below was my message to samsung support:

There are websites that requires the orientation (strictly) either just landscape or portrait. I can view the website just fine on cover screen but not on the unfolded screen. It's quite frustrating if i want to use the bigger screen and i can't. It looks inconsistent with samsung internet browser and it works fine on google chrome browser on cover screen but not on the inside screen. Here's one exawple... https://tickets.fandango.com/mobileexpress/seatselection?row_count=462990834&mid=234515&chainCode=GL...
08/25, 4:00 PM
0 Likes
20 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I only see a link
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes. That's one of the links that has a problem with galaxy fold
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Oh OK did you try different browser like chrome or Samsung internet
0 Likes
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes i tried other browsers with mix result. But i normally use the native browser
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hmm shouldn't be a problem is it not connecting to the site or loading the page or what happens
0 Likes
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well, the problem actually is the browser since different browsers handle different webpage differently. I mean, it displays the site according how the web browser is programmed to do.

The problem is, the browser can't display accordingly if it doesn't know the orientation of the phone.

The display is fine when the cover screen is used. But when you use the inner screen, it can't detect the type of orientation your phone is currently at
0 Likes
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Some sites needs your phone to be strictly on portrait mode. But when the phone is opened, it automatically detects landscape mode no matter how you rotate the phone.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ok making sense now I'm not too familiar with the folds not sure what to suggest
JayDeeBee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No problem. Hehe