Original topic:

Dual missed call notifications

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Rlsa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I started using Hiya as a spam blocking app but now when I get a missed call I get a missed call notification from Hiya and one from the built in phone app. Is there a way to stop the one from the built in phone app? 

I've tried deleting it. Not possible 
I've tried turning off notifications. Not allowed.
I've tried going into system apps and turning off everything I can see dealing with the phone app. Still get a second notification. 

Anyone have another idea? 
6 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hiya handles the spam blocking on the Samsung phones.  They do a pretty good job of it, so there is no need for the extra app.  Just uninstall the app and turn on the phone spam controls. If you keep the app, you will continue to get double notifications, since you can't turn the notifications off on either.  You will still get double missed call notifications.  You can turn on the phone spam controls by going to the phone app/settings/caller ID and spam controls and turn the slider to the on position.

The app is most likely made for and most useful to those with older phones without the built in spam controls.

0 Likes
Rlsa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ah I'll try that route thanks!
0 Likes
Robert700
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi Rlsa. Which one gives you more information about the caller? Or performs the way you like best? The Hiya app or the built in app?
Rlsa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I like the Hiya app but I can't stand the double notifications on the phone
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If it's the sound of double notifications that is the thing that is really bothering you, you can turn off the app notification sounds and let the phone notify you.  I don't actually understand why you are even getting double notifications, unless you have the phone's native spam blocker on.  You can just turn that off and use the Hiya app -- unless, of course, installing the Hiya app turns on the phone's native spam blocker because it is, after all, their service.  You may have to play around with the setting to see if you turn off the phone's spam blocker, if the Hiya app will still work properly.  The app may not work without the spam blocker on, but the spam blocker on the phone will work without the app.

0 Likes
Rlsa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's not the sound its that I'm getting 2 notifications one from Hiya and one from the phone app. For every missed/blocked call I can't stop the normal phone app from sending notifications. I've turned everything off dealing with phone and voice mail app and it still generates the notifications. Even if I go through and silence and don't allow notifications to be displayed.1719017628918.jpg
0 Likes