JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 5 Cover / Flex Screen Stops Working Until Reboot

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 06:44 PM)
Led Zappa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My new Flip 5's cover screen just stops working. Had the phone for 5 days and this has happened 3 times in the last couple days and a reboot fixes it, but this does not seem normal. Anyone else experiencing this or know of a fix? 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Led Zappa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have discovered that it is the Windows Phone Link app keeping my screen on and disabling the front display. This is without using it for app access or screen sharing. Simply launching the app will eventually cause the issue. It's random as far as I can tell.

If I exit the app on Desktop via the task items in the right bottom corner then the screen goes off and I am able to access the cover display immediately.

I really like the Phone Link app especially for managing text messages on my Desktop, so I will keep hunting for a solution.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Led Zappa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I just rebooted, so it's working now, but this has happened 3 times in the last 3 days and I've only had the phone 5 days.

Led Zappa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The diagnostics all pass. I didn't see one specifically for the cover screen.

0 Likes
Solution
Led Zappa
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have discovered that it is the Windows Phone Link app keeping my screen on and disabling the front display. This is without using it for app access or screen sharing. Simply launching the app will eventually cause the issue. It's random as far as I can tell.

If I exit the app on Desktop via the task items in the right bottom corner then the screen goes off and I am able to access the cover display immediately.

I really like the Phone Link app especially for managing text messages on my Desktop, so I will keep hunting for a solution.