JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Getting Chat Assist - Suggested Replies to work?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Update Sep 5 2024: seems to be working now correctly with software update installed last night. Using with Samsung Messages. 

What is the secret for thisactually working? I've tried setting both Google Messages and Samsung Messages as my default SMS app but notifications on the cover screen only take me into the app chat, not the fancy suggested replies screen as indicated by this setting or seen in demos. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Nope this feature - not Google Messages suggested replies. It was supposed to be part of 6.1.1 but I've yet to see it on my Flip6 which it's exclusive for the Flip because of the cover. 1725463578052.gif

Update Sep 5 2024: seems to be working now correctly with software update installed last night. Using with Samsung Messages. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm not sure I this is what you're referring to.  When I get a text it pops up  on my  lock screen as a notification.  If I tap that it opens the text where I have to tap the circled icon in the below screenshot which then generates the suggestions. 

Screenshot_20240904_083631_Messages.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Solution
wtupyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Nope this feature - not Google Messages suggested replies. It was supposed to be part of 6.1.1 but I've yet to see it on my Flip6 which it's exclusive for the Flip because of the cover. 1725463578052.gif

0 Likes
DannyDMon5tar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Chat assist will be on your samsung keyboard. I had same issue. I had to go to keyboard settings and enable the keyboard toolbar. Then you will have option for chat assist.
0 Likes