Original topic:

Home up...still waiting for vertical app tray/scrolling

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Huck507
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It's really crappy to me that I've been reading all this stuff about how you can switch to a vertical app tray navigation in home up... It's one of the first things I tried to do when I got my Samsung... Arguably it's one of the things I hate most about Samsung having to go horizontally in my app tray.. I get articles upon articles about how home up and good lock are updating "sometime soon" to make vertical scrolling and option... When! I'm so sick of horizontally scrolling through my apps... Like really, every other smartphone I've ever had goes vertically and then I'm forced to have that on this phone but I paid almost $2,000 for!? I've watched countless videos on how to change this or some hidden feature or maybe some app I can download that will allow me to scroll my app tray in a vertical fashion.. but Samsung has this feature locked out for some reason

9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Vertical app scrolling is scheduled to come out with the Android 15 UI 7.0 update via Goodlock

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Huck507
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah but The same thing was told to me about the one UI 6 update, and then later on the same thing was told to me about the one UI 6.1 update... So how long is Samsung going to just keep teasing this instead of actually doing it...
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you want vertical app scrolling, yes it is nice and don't want to wait until Samsung makes it available as an option in the default home screen or through Good lock, you might want to download and use a third party home app. There are trade offs but right now it's the only available solution.
0 Likes
Huck507
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah I appreciate the suggestion... I'm just saying the phone that I have is one of the most expensive out there right now, yet has this simple limitation... I shouldn't even have to have good lock, or home up to have to enable this as an option even.. other more budget friendly Androids do this type of thing built into their OS. It's just really crappy is all I'm saying
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Samsung, for reasons known only to them, hasn't had this option available for several years. The last GoodLock module I remember it working on was circa S10 time frame and it disappeared during an update. Hopefully it will happen.
0 Likes
Huck507
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah that makes total sense considering the last Samsung phone I had was the S10. I'm just sick of getting excited every time there's a UI update just to be disappointed that they didn't do that feature. So yes, hopefully they actually do it this time
0 Likes
Members_rHyczzr
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Please bring back the virtual app drawer. I've been waiting for it to return since One UI 6 was released. Using the current app drawer is one of the worst experiences I've had on Android.

elmshari
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey, can you please bring back the virtual app drawer? It's been way too long!

Devsfan55
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Please bring back the vertical drawer. It makes the phone so much easier to use and I shouldn't have to use a third party launcher to get it!