Original topic:

IBreakufix Broke my phone

(Topic created: 09-12-2024 02:57 PM)
brokenzfold
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello,

I wanted to provide some background regarding an ongoing issue with my phone. About a year ago, the main screen began to show signs of air entering where the phone folds. I scheduled an appointment through Samsung’s website for a screen protector replacement at my nearest iBreakiFix location.

Less than a year later, I experienced the same problem and once again scheduled an appointment through the site at the same store. When I dropped off my phone, the receipt indicated that its condition was "excellent." However, when I returned later to pick it up, I was informed that the screen had become very delicate and was unfortunately damaged. Since my warranty had expired, I was asked to pay for repairs.

This situation is outrageous given the phone's condition, which was clearly stated as excellent on the receipt. I reached out to Samsung via chat to document the issue, but their responses were unhelpful. I then contacted their corporate office, but they are refusing to take responsibility, citing "pressure damage" and advising me to contact Samsung directly as it is a manufacturer issue. According to their policy, any phone damaged while in their possession should be repaired by them.

I am extremely frustrated and considering legal action.  Before proceeding, I wanted to check if others have had similar experiences. Thanks. 

2 Replies
jade101
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's why I look at the store rating each repair store has a rating online
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's why you take your phone to get fixed to either Samsung or a Samsung approved place don't just pick random places no matter how good they are if they're not recommended by Samsung don't take the risk
0 Likes