JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Let Us Use Gemini With "Hey Google" Without Opening the Phone

(Topic created: Saturday)
silverwolf789
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'd really love to be able to say, "Hey, Google" and have Gemini activate right from the cover screen instead of being told I need to "open phone to continue". That rather defeats the point of the cover screen, IMHO. Any chance this could be done?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You need Gemini Advanced. I don't have to open my phone, I just say hey Google. If my phone is locked, Gemini Advanced Assistant will pop up. I do have to unlock my device to allow Gemini Advanced to proceed, but that's a personal preference. I don't see Gemini Advanced or the option at the bottom right side that allows you to use Gemini Advanced without using the keyboard or tapping the microphone in the middle on your screenshot. 1725159268283.jpg

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You can use Gemini from any screen, but I wouldn't advise using Gemini without unlocking your device for security reasons. I will take a screenshot, BRB.1725130207410.jpg
silverwolf789
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Right, but it doesn't work on the cover display without opening the phone first, which I find rather counterintuitive.

quickshare have to open phone.png

Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You need Gemini Advanced. I don't have to open my phone, I just say hey Google. If my phone is locked, Gemini Advanced Assistant will pop up. I do have to unlock my device to allow Gemini Advanced to proceed, but that's a personal preference. I don't see Gemini Advanced or the option at the bottom right side that allows you to use Gemini Advanced without using the keyboard or tapping the microphone in the middle on your screenshot. 1725159268283.jpg