JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Probably new UI 6 and trying to start a new task?

(Topic created: 12-17-2023 10:37 AM)
RalphaelNinja
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Look I'm an iPhone user and everything about the Samsung phone is new to me, but one thing that is not is the ||| to switch task but now after the update hitting the ||| and trying to select the side of the screen to get the main front icon screen so I could select another app to start up, I can't. 

I find this annoying.... as I now use the "O" for google assistant to ask to start up let's say "costco" to buy something while leaving my other app in the background open. 

what can I touch or do to start up a new task without closing the current app. Is this a bug or a feature with the new update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Perhaps I'm missing something, but you can just tap the home button (what you refer to as the O button) to go to the home screen instead of long pressing it to bring up the assistant? Certainly much faster than bringing up task switcher then tapping a blank space.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Perhaps I'm missing something, but you can just tap the home button (what you refer to as the O button) to go to the home screen instead of long pressing it to bring up the assistant? Certainly much faster than bringing up task switcher then tapping a blank space.
RalphaelNinja
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

doah!!! 

thanks.....  I think I should erase this post..... so embarrassing ....