Original topic:

The hinge might be crunching a little bit?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
cleverEyes
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Fold5 user since late march. I've noticed when I open it I can hear a super faint crunching noise along the bottom hinge. My guess is that it's the internal screen protector losing it's stick? Howe er, there are zero air bubbles on the screen, so it could just be internal components. I never listened to the hinge open up close so I can't vouch if this is a new noise or just something foldables make. Again, it's so faint that I'm not concerned, but I'd appreciate some advice if it's actually a sign it's dying.

According to the fold counter app on my phone, I have opened and closed the fold around 2,100 times.

Thanks for any help
4 Replies
Linked
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Where did you find the fold counter? That's interesting and I can see for comparison. I haven't had any cracking sounds on my current fold but my last fold did begin cracking and then the wifi and data began to fail before the display failed.
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This is an app you'll have to download. Unfortunately it'll start at 0 and not magically know the total fold count.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.roovie.foldcounter

I haven't heard of the wifi and data failing before. Yikes. I baby this machine enough but now it feels like I actively spend more time protecting it than actually enjoying using it.
Thanks for the heads up.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have a Fold 5 since it's release last August. No noise when I open it.
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Interesting. The noise is so minimal that I actually think it's nothing, but I figured I'd check as I've heard a lot of people's fold are fine, then spontaneously break. I'm just trying to get ahead of it.
I'll update this if my phone screen dies... which I hope it wont. It absolutely should not at this point in time.
0 Likes