JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use Google wallet when I had on my past phone.

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 01:51 PM)
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I was FINALLY able to use my pay with phone today! I'm so happy! I believe the problem may have been the case it was in. I switched to one that is clear, and I took the stick on wallet from the back. The stick on wallet could have been interfering with the signal. Not sure, just a hunch. Hopefully this will do the trick.

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What phone you had before? Google may not have updated their safety net for the software version of your current device. There's a lot of factors and some may not be your newer devices fault.
0 Likes
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This phone is useless if I can't use that feature. I'll get another phone.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you added back your payment cards? They don't transfer from device to device for security reasons. You have to import or manually re-add your cards.
0 Likes
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Of course I added back my cards.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Sorry if you thought I was insulting you in some way.  You wouldn't believe how many people think that just because their cards were there before, they are automatically there when they switch devices, and then wonder why they are not and why they can't pay.

Do you happen to know if Samsung Pay works? Perhaps there is something wrong with your NFC transmitter, have you run the diagnostic?

0 Likes
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I will run the diagnostic. The NFC is on. I downloaded samsung pay and it didn't work this evening. Believe it or not I went to verizon and they had no clue that there was a problem and didn't even address it. I just walked out of the store.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The people at the Verizon store only has sales people. They are not tech support people. And I doubt that they would help you diagnose an app on the phone. However if you ran diagnostic, and it showed that the NFC was defective then you might be able to exchange the phone for one that works otherwise you would have to get in touch with Samsung for warranty issues.
0 Likes
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have run diagnostic. Everything is fine. It looks like my phone is just a piece of junk as far as using any pay by wallet feature goes. I got a new phone and ended up going backwards tech wise . Very disappointing. It seems there's no help for this(?)
0 Likes
Rydah
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey there, @userxpvWrNCDQy.

Can you please provide more details as to what's stopping you from using Google Wallet and which Z Flip you are using?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.