JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked phone not compatable with networks

(Topic created: Saturday)
Deathslove
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I just got my z flip 6 yesterday. Verizon also sells them but I wanted the black one. But I guess it's not compatable with Verizon and they just told me to buy another phone that works. Idk what the issue is or how to fix it. If there's nothing wrong with this phone I don't want to return it. What services does this phone work on? 
16 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sometimes IMIE numbers aren't activated on carrier networks until launch day which is the 24th.

Contact Samsung customer care!
Deathslove
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No idea how relieved I am now. I thought if have to go through a whole return process for a defective phone. Thank you!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You're welcome!

This is all on the carriers not updating the IMEI numbers. They purposely do this to try to get you to return the phone and purchase from them. Carriers make a fortune when you purchase through them, not on the device itself, the bloatware that gets installed on devices.

Shady practices with all carriers!
PvtMatter
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
True for visible too!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Visible is Verizon!
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ah-ha, I wasn't aware of that shady practice, but my devices are unlocked. I appreciate the info. Thank you!!!
bamafan57
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just talked to customer support immigration numbers will not work until 23rd or 24th. Stupid to deliver early if they will not work.
Deathslove
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
OK that makes sense. So received. I thought I'd have to return my phone and I spent hours yesterday setting it up
0 Likes
DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My husband got the black one and works fine on our version. Both our phones are unlocked from samsung