Original topic:

Video playback crashing zfold 4

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
usernyLj8ieOre
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Whenever I use the inner screen for any video playback in any app it crashes my zfold4 and causes it to lock up (static then black screen no feedback) requiring a hard reset (holding down volume down and power button for 30 seconds). Outer screen does not cause this issue.

Running one ui 6.1 and android 14 all apps are up to date.

Troubleshooting I've done so far:
  • Samsung members app diagnostic results in all good.
  • Phone restart history does not detect these crashes.
  • Factory reset did not fix the issue.
Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? It seems other individuals online have had this issue as well but no solution has been found besides replacing the phone.
10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usernyLj8ieOre After you experience this freeze, immediately after reboot submit it in Samsung Members app to get it in front of the developers. 

Have you tried wiping the device's cache partition? There could be some garbled settings in the cache. 

0 Likes
usernyLj8ieOre
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I submitted the error report in the members app after restart.

I just wiped the cache partition, and after reboot, I got a message that severe software corruption was found and to check for updates (I'm on the latest version so there are no updates) otherwise to contact samsung support. This did not fix the issue.

I did notice a graphics test inside the recovery screen, and I ran that, which resulted in an error.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@usernyLj8ieOre Unfortunately it sounds like the next step is to do a factory data reset. You would want to make sure that your important data is backed up first. 

Another option is to connect directly with Samsung support via the Samsung Members app. 

0 Likes
usernyLj8ieOre
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Factory data reset also did not fix the issue.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have a feeling that it may be a hardware issue. Time to reach out to Samsung Care.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you attempted to see if it works any better in safe mode? You might have some malicious causing your problem.
0 Likes
usernyLj8ieOre
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Safe mode did not resolve the issue.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This definitely sounds like a defective device needing to be repaired or replaced under warranty.
0 Likes
usernyLj8ieOre
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Unfortunately, no warranty remains. It's going to be out of pocket 😕
0 Likes