Original topic:

Why is it so hard to find knox security?

(Topic created: 04-16-2024 04:03 PM)
userzal0wEmgwE
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey....just bought a z-fold 5 and went w Samsung care this time...after they took my money then they tell me I need knox security for it to be co ered UT I can't find it...seen some **bleep** about bluetoothing your system administrator to get knox setup...I dunno I'm lost!

6 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
go to settings about phone do you see Knox security version there, your phone should have it I would assume
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
There is some kind of miscommunication here, there's nothing to set up about Knox, it is just Samsung's trademark's name for their security software that is used for companies that issue phones to their employees that is what Knox currently is. If you are an individual customer then Knox is just your security that many Samsung phones have definitely your fold 5 has it and it's just protection for your phone software. You don't interact with it at all. Regarding the Samsung care, you have to do a diagnostics test before you can make any claims, I believe that maybe what you're trying to refer to that is not Knox and is separate under settings / device care/ diagnostics or you can access diagnostics from this app as well if you see the tabs at the bottom of the screen it's the last tab at the support section and towards the top of the screen you'll see phone diagnostics
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You just bought it? It'll take some time for it to be in their system. Once it'll finish the set up. Just try once every couple days. I assume is because of the return period you. Ay want to return your device
MelissaD
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Is this a phone for work? It's the only instance in which you would need an administrator. The other posters are correct; Knox is internal and otherwise quietly works in the background. But if this is a company work phone you may have to get it set up by your administrator. Just a thought.....
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The version of Knox that has to be registered appears to be an enterprise solution for use by business users and is probably overkill for the ordinary private user.

This seems to be required if you want to enroll some high level phones in Samsung's Care+ program.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/samsung-care-plus/
userImizherPxv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Two thoughts. If you are using a device that is managed by an organization, then you should not do anything to the device because if you do something to damage it in any way, then you will become fiscally responsible for that device, especially when it comes to downloading, uploading, or making any root changes to your device. And uploading any kind of rendering of Knox security is going to be a root issue. The second thing is if you're not using a device that's been managed by an organization and it's just for your personal use, then Knox security is going to be the same thing as enhanced security on your device. So if you go to your settings and security (if you have a Samsung) and look for enhanced security or privacy protections, anything you see under those tabs is going to be Knox security. You can't download a Knox app if that's what you're looking for.1713385285172.gif20240413_002741 (1)_1000020641_1713004701.jpg
0 Likes