JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds2 Pro randomly wakes up Bixby

(Topic created: 12-25-2022 02:01 AM)
Jeffminator
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Sometimes when watching video or listening to music with my Galaxy Buds2 Pro, Bixby will stop audio playback and randomly wake up. It happens when I am not speaking or touching my phone or earbuds. I've tried adjusting the wake up word sensitivity but it doesn't fix the problem. I've also tried training Bixby to recognize my voice with the wake up word but the problem still happens. This only happens when the earbuds are connected to my S22 Ultra. When using my phone alone Bixby functions normally. 

It's very inconvenient having Bixby constantly interrupt my videos or music. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro waking Bixby randomly, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. The first step I would recommend would be clearing the cache for Bixby, the Galaxy wearables app, and the Galaxy wearables plug-in. Go to settings > apps > locate the app > and tap on storage and clear cache.

The next step would be to reset your network settings. Please know that resetting your network settings will remove any saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth networks you have saved. Go to settings > general management >reset > reset network settings.

Another thing to try would be wiping the cache partition and repairing the apps. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try to wipe your cache partition and repair your apps as they are in the same menu:

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, you would follow the same steps above using the volume down key to repair the apps, when that is completed, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

If those troubleshooting steps don't resolve the symptoms, the next step would be to reset your Galaxy Buds 2 pro. If you've upgraded to a new phone or want to switch the devices your earbuds are connected to, you may need to manually restart your Samsung earbuds. This can also help if you are experiencing minor problems, like if the earbuds are unresponsive. However, you can also perform a factory reset with the Galaxy Wearable app. Give this link a try for the proper steps to reset your buds: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01218103/

After completing the troubleshooting steps provided, please reach out to us directly via private message to discuss the next steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. This will need to be handled on a case by case basis: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro waking Bixby randomly, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. The first step I would recommend would be clearing the cache for Bixby, the Galaxy wearables app, and the Galaxy wearables plug-in. Go to settings > apps > locate the app > and tap on storage and clear cache.

The next step would be to reset your network settings. Please know that resetting your network settings will remove any saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth networks you have saved. Go to settings > general management >reset > reset network settings.

Another thing to try would be wiping the cache partition and repairing the apps. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try to wipe your cache partition and repair your apps as they are in the same menu:

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, you would follow the same steps above using the volume down key to repair the apps, when that is completed, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

If those troubleshooting steps don't resolve the symptoms, the next step would be to reset your Galaxy Buds 2 pro. If you've upgraded to a new phone or want to switch the devices your earbuds are connected to, you may need to manually restart your Samsung earbuds. This can also help if you are experiencing minor problems, like if the earbuds are unresponsive. However, you can also perform a factory reset with the Galaxy Wearable app. Give this link a try for the proper steps to reset your buds: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01218103/

After completing the troubleshooting steps provided, please reach out to us directly via private message to discuss the next steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. This will need to be handled on a case by case basis: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

0 Likes