JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds3 Pro | Right Earbud Muffled sound

(Topic created: 07-30-2024 10:45 PM)
MarvinComix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm having an issue with the Galaxy Buds3 Pro's right earbud, and they aren't even a week old, I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. There's no wax, I tried all the ear tips and everything, but I'm getting muffled sound from that particular earbud no matter what I do. I genuinely considered getting them replaced but I'm not sure if its a software issue or hardware, as it sometimes out of nowhere corrects itself, and then goes back to being muffled to the point of discomfort during ANC and Ambient Sound.

I have reset the device to factory settings twice, cleaned out every part of the exterior (even though it was already clean, they aren't that old,) I've restart my Bluetooth services, I've tried checking for updates, I've checked for any setting that could be affecting it's sound quality, and again, I've tried every single ear fit (which doesn't exactly matter since the default ear tips worked fine originally, but now even those report back as a "Bad Fit" In the wearable app. 

I'm pretty positive this is a software issue, which is why I'm here. I'd like to find out if that's true before taking them to a store to get them looked at.

7 Replies
MarvinComix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've also heard the earbud actively loose it's volume while it's in my ear, I thought it might be the Adjust sound to Fit setting but it isn't that either
Idahoski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've had the same issue since day 1. I could barely hear the sound from the left earbud. It would randomly work fine but then return to the faint/muffled sound. The controls work fine. I tried changing the sound balance completely to the left bud and turning the sound up to maximum. It was still barely audible. I tried resetting them, repairing them multiple times, and connecting to various devices, but nothing has helped. I finally contacted support. The only troubleshooting was to turn Bluetooth off and then back on. I was directed to a service location over an hour away and then to a closer Best Buy to have their tech support check it. I haven't had time to schedule that yet. I don't know if it is a software issue or a loose connection in the bud.  

0 Likes
FEjQFTp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I had the same issue with mine, except it was the left bud. Just return them. Samsung has been having a lot of issues with their quality control and they have stopped selling the buds temporarily. I got my money back and I'm waiting until they officially release it again.

Member_DPM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue except on the FE earbuds.  Left earbud has become faint.  THese are under warranty, yet I was directed to send them in for service repair. When I try to submit the repair request nothing happens.  The request never completes.  

0 Likes
MarvinComix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I sent mine to a repair center after stopping by the repair shop Samsung wanted me to go to in order to get them fixed, they don't even repair earbuds... So I immediately cancelled that repair service and opened a new one in order to send the buds back to Samsung for repairs through UPS in that same hour.

I've gotten word that they've received them and are working on them. I'm not sure what process of the repair request you're stuck on though, did you already send the buds over and they've just never sent them back? Or are you just not getting a shipping label when you complete the form? In the case, try doing it on another device.
0 Likes
Member_DPM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I can't even finish the repair request in order to receive the shipping label or a pre-paid box.  Neither work.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello MarvinComix, Welcome to the community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with the muffled sound in the right earbud.

We have a link with the available troubleshooting that can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111323/#one-earbud-sounds-quieter-than-the-o...

If these steps do not help, having the earbuds serviced is the next step. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

If you are having difficulties setting up service, you can either contact customer support at the number above for assistance, or reach out to a moderator directly.

0 Likes