JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds 2 do not announce incoming calls

(Topic created: 06-26-2023 07:59 AM)
Oneil40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I recently bought the galaxy buds 2 but there is one feature missing and it's for the Buds being able to announce incoming calls so you don't need to look at the phone to know who's calling it is just a update so the can do it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the incoming call option not being accessible and would be happy to look into this further for you. After testing on our device we were able to find these steps to make the incoming calls work. Give these steps a try: Go to settings in the wearables app > tap on read notifications aloud > tap on see all > the incoming calls will be grayed out, however click on the link with that setting > then turn on read callers names allowed and toggle it on. This will allow you to announce incoming calls on your Galaxy Buds 2. 

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly as they can remote into your device and provide further assistance. Please reach out to them directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Oneil40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Are you updated to the latest firmware
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
All my buds announce the name and I have plus, beans and buds 2 pro but I had the others as well before I returned them because they weren't comfortable, can't remember the exact setting but it's there
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
Just went back and checked, there is and option to read notifications aloud, you have to select which apps you want notifications from, so that would include phone calls I believe
0 Likes
Oneil40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I see that but the incoming call option to announce the calls is not accessible
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the incoming call option not being accessible and would be happy to look into this further for you. After testing on our device we were able to find these steps to make the incoming calls work. Give these steps a try: Go to settings in the wearables app > tap on read notifications aloud > tap on see all > the incoming calls will be grayed out, however click on the link with that setting > then turn on read callers names allowed and toggle it on. This will allow you to announce incoming calls on your Galaxy Buds 2. 

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly as they can remote into your device and provide further assistance. Please reach out to them directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

0 Likes