Original topic:

[Issue/Solution] Galaxy Buds2/Buds2 Pro Manager crashing in Android 15 Beta 2/3 on Pixel phone

(Topic created: a month ago)
iKarTehFox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

tl;dr: turn on "Disable Bluetooth LE audio" in Developer options
Hello! Recently, I've been having issues with the Galaxy Buds2 and Buds2 Pro Manager apps on my Google Pixel 8 Pro a while after I installed the Beta 2 update for Android 15. It didn't happen immediately, which was confusing to me, and makes me think as to what the problem could've be other than the update itself. I've searched thoroughly across Google and Reddit with no signs of anyone else experience the same issue.

With the help of LogFox (a LogCat reader app on Android), I can see that the app crashes repeatedly, all the same crash details:

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.samsung.accessory.zenithmgr, PID: 20658
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'int java.util.Collection.size()' on a null object reference
	at java.util.HashSet.<init>(HashSet.java:120)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.common.bluetooth.leaudio.BluetoothLeAudioStaticUtil.getBondedDevices(BluetoothLeAudioStaticUtil.java:41)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.common.bluetooth.leaudio.BluetoothLeAudioStaticUtil.isLeAudioDevice(BluetoothLeAudioStaticUtil.java:36)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.common.bluetooth.leaudio.BluetoothLeAudioDevice.getConnectionState(BluetoothLeAudioDevice.java:135)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.core.uhmdb.UhmDatabase.updateDeviceConnectionState(UhmDatabase.java:618)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.core.uhmdb.UhmDatabase.onFirstDeviceList(UhmDatabase.java:106)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.core.uhmdb.UhmDatabase.-$$Nest$monFirstDeviceList(Unknown Source:0)
	at com.samsung.accessory.hearablemgr.core.uhmdb.UhmDatabase$1TaskUpdateDeviceList$1.run(UhmDatabase.java:195)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:959)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
	at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:232)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:317)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8699)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:580)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:886)

As I read through the crash, I kept seeing several mentions regarding "LE audio". So, I decided to tick on the "Disable Bluetooth LE audio" option in Android's Developer options and restarted my phone to see the crashing immediately stop. Keep note that the crashing problem persisted whether or not "LE Audio" was enabled in my Galaxy Buds2/Buds2 Pro's "Device details" page in Bluetooth settings. After turning on that option to disable LE Audio capabilities in Developer options, I could finally use the app again.

p.s. This post was more or less to give information and document my problem with the app. If anyone has any idea as to what could've changed in Android 15 Beta 2's update regarding Bluetooth and LE Audio capabilities or have any tips on how to fix the issue without disabling system-wide LE Audio capabilities, be my guest! Nonetheless, I am no longer having this issue.

0 Replies