Original topic:

Poor QC and Product Support

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Members_9xO8K0G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a pair of the white buds that are from the July batch. I ordered them on 7/20 and picked them up from BestBuy about 10 or 11 days ago.

A couple of days ago while cutting the grass I noticed a terrible, loud popping sound that occurred with ANC on.

I immediately contacted Samsung on 9/7 and went through the troubleshooting steps. This resulted in the tech telling me I needed to ship my buds in for repair. I wasn't very happy hearing that. Brand new product being shipped off for some undetermined amount of time to be worked on. I expressed this disappointment and the tech said I could return the buds for a refund and order a new pair with a price matched refund. I paid $80.24 for my first pair (trade in plus promotions). He transferred me back to the Samsung E-commerce to handle this.

The next tech said they do this all the time. Just order a new pair for full price and once they ship or are ready for pickup they will issue a refund for the difference. I proceeded with a new order. Fast forward to today. The buds were ready for pickup, so as instructed I called Samsung to get the refund started. Now the story is once Samsung receives and evaluates my returned device they would issue a refund. So essentially I would be sitting out of pocket $300 waiting on a refund that may or may not happen to offset the difference between full price and the promotion price. I ultimately just cancelled the new order and plan to ship back the defective pair. I hate because I love the hardware ( other than the ANC issue). Wish they would have helped.

0 Replies