JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

6.0 software Wi-Fi/Bluetooth not turning on, now phone not turning on

(Topic created: 01-16-2024 02:57 PM)
Members_HMpIkl8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

So my Fold 4 was working fine before I did the software update to the 6.0 UI. After updating for some reason wifi and Bluetooth stopped working completely. The wifi refused to turn on, I would press the button and it would register my attempt and even move the button to the right like a switch but it would still fail to turn on just be stuck in the grayed out loading thing settings do when you turn them on and off. After a few days of this and me trying several things such as safe mode repair and factory reset (neither of these worked for me) I turn my phone completely off one day by holding the power button and pressing restart. This cause my phone to go into what I am calling a death circle because the phone would try to turn itself on bring up the Samsung galaxy prompt, after that it brought up my phone company logo (At&t) and then nothing for like 10 mins. Just the phone trying to load. After a while it would restart this process again randomly. The longest it did this was something like 6 hours. Sometimes the phone would would freeze having only the big screen show something and the front screen nothing. After a while the phone would just shut itself off. At one point the phone should the dead battery symbol so I plug it in for like 10 mins after which the grey circle with the little lightning bolt was stuck on the big screen for the next several hours. Had to take out the sim card and put it into my old phone just so I have something that I can call people and such for. I have had the phone for not very long about 6 months max I think. I have already set up a appointment to get the phone looked at @ a independent repair shop because there is no Samsung repair shop within atleast 200 miles from me. So yeah idk what you guys put into the 6.0 update but my phone did not like it at all. 

Edit: Some words are missing or just spelled wrong because auto correct does not like me. So try to fill in the blanks because I can't fix it right now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is to be experiencing these concerns with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and now the phone isn't powering on fully.

There may be some additional steps to try if you are able to get the phone to boot into recovery mode. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.

There is also an option to try a factory reset in this menu if the above steps do not help.

If you have tried these steps, and the phone is still not working, service is recommended. Samsung does offer ship-in service. The service is approximately 7-14 business days, including shipping. You can use the following link to set up a service ticket: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is to be experiencing these concerns with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and now the phone isn't powering on fully.

There may be some additional steps to try if you are able to get the phone to boot into recovery mode. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.

There is also an option to try a factory reset in this menu if the above steps do not help.

If you have tried these steps, and the phone is still not working, service is recommended. Samsung does offer ship-in service. The service is approximately 7-14 business days, including shipping. You can use the following link to set up a service ticket: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.