JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 5 International version doesn't connect to 5G using a local sim card in China

(Topic created: 10-29-2023 10:45 PM)
feqifei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi, bought a Fold5 SM-F946B in my country of residence few weeks ago, I'm traveling within China for business and 5G is not an option. I'm using a local sim card with 5G, the "Use 5G standalone networks" is set to On 'cos the local provider works on n78 SA band but the device works only on 4G+ mode.
Same sim card on a local samsung device works fine.
I cleared the SIM cache and I asked the carrier to reset it on its side, but I didn't solve.
Any hint? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
The SM-F946B is unlocked and has full support for Europe, Latin America, and APAC, with limited support for South Korea, the US, Canada, mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. The SM-F946U and SM-F946U1 (US variants) are permanently locked to only work with SIM cards from US carriers and MVNOs, with limited support for a few European countries (SIMs from South Korea, Canada, Latin America, CIS, Middle East, India, APAC, mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan are now completely blocked from use since the S23).
(For the US variants, carriers not on the list in this screenshot, such as Spectrum Mobile and Cricket, can still be used as long as they are from the US and Puerto Rico.)

Here's the rundown.
• SM-F946N: Unlocked, Korea
• SM-F946U/U1: Locked, USA, not eligible for region unlock
• SM-F946W: Unlocked, Canada
• SM-F946B: Unlocked, Latin America/Europe/CIS/Middle East/India/Asia Pacific, eligible for region unlock
• SM-F9460: Unlocked, China mainland/Hong Kong/Taiwan
(The US variants (U and U1) are not eligible for region unlocks after at least five minutes of voice calls. They will remain locked to the US and Puerto Rico, with limited support for Europe in the event that an eSIM is being transferred.)Screenshot_20231030_002321_Call settings_1000014739_1698650601.png
feqifei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi, thanks for the reply.
What does it mean limited support with regard to SM-F946B and South Korea, the US, Canada, mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan?
That's 5G is not available in those countries even if the network band and standalone mode are  technically available in the device?

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
Right. Some features like 5G, Advanced Messaging, and Wi-Fi Calling may be limited or unavailable.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

0 Likes